12 Mar 2008

one post after the tenth, it's about time to change the norm of the blog by trying something new. Hre is a book review I wrote:

Book Review:

Virtuosos of juggling,

Karl-Heinz Zeithan. Published by Renegade juggling 2003

Virtuosos of juggling hasn’t made itself as comfortable as some of the other books on my shelf have for it is constantly being moved and read by me. I use the word read although you could spend ages flicking through the pages and witnessing the world’s greatest jugglers in the form of photography and illustrations. Some of the most talented jugglers are described in text and shown in picture who have raised juggling to new heights, sometimes quite literally, or introduced there own unique style to the world of toss and throw. From the ancient Egypt tombs to the exciting, atmospheric vaudeville theatre this book will take you on a journey through time and the juggling virtuosos it has seen.

Perhaps I am so passionate about this book because I am a performer myself, however I am convinced a non-juggler would thoroughly enjoy indulging into the information ‘virtuosos of juggling’ overflows with. One may assume that juggling is merely a circus act consisting of a performer throwing 5,6,7 and so on objects into the air however this book proves otherwise, and all you have to do is merely see the front cover and want to find out more about juggling. I found myself almost unable to take my eyes of the pages when I first read it.

Karl Heinz Zeithan is a passionate author and that is somewhat obvious for the amount of research and time he has sacrificed is overwhelming and obvious in the book, which takes you right from one end of a timeline to another with many, many names occurring through out. Sergei Ignatov, Francis Brunn, Kris Kremo, or Enrico Rastelli: They are all inspirations to me and I treasure virtuosos of juggling for telling me so much about them.
I would recommend this book not only too fellow jugglers but to absolutely anyone. They may not seem keen on the idea of reading a book on such an unusual thing as juggling but if they where to read it they would be taught so much more than they could ever have expected. It makes for an interesting read and us my favourite book.

____part 2________

Check out this blog I discovered, it's quite new and will be interesting to follow. Written by a juggler, Luk (Or Luke) Galloway. http://luksweeklink.blogspot.com

___part 3_________

inspired by Luks Week link, heres a really cool link:

http://www.bonolookalike.org

What? I meen, thats just freaky.

Ady

No comments: