1 Feb 2008

Me, me, me

So, for one reason or another you have found your way to my new blog! First of, I will introduce myself for the 5 percent of people that don't know who I am and just happen to be randomly reading this.

My name is Adrian Pole (Ady)
I am 13 years old (birthday month December)
I am currently in school
my passion is for juggling-which I will broaden on right now.

I have been juggling for around four years now-I began when I was nine years old from being inspired by a juggler called Viktor Kee-I saw this performer not just juggling but creating a world that was totally new to me-a world that was only present when he was-the artist. He wasn't just throwing props in the air but using them as if he was their teacher with such control that he could flick them off his neck or head, propell them from behind his back or under his legs-doing things i didn't think a juggler would do. But now I knew otherwise, and so I went to the library and got myself a teacher-in true words- a book. a book written by a juggler of whom I met three years later through the fate of performing in a show he was helping to organise! And then it just grabbed hold of me, all of this juggling. I remember sitting there with my dad, in a corner of the room learning to do what I love doing the most now, and will love doing up to the day I realise I am not capable of doing it, which most likely will be the day that I meet my dead end. But I am 13 years old, I have many years to progress, many years to reach my dream which I really don't know about, or even what it is. I really don't care, so long as I stay passionate about the unusual art.

In the current year of 2008 I am studying at school. I am in my eighth year and my favourite subject is art-drawing is something I am naturally good at but I never manage to do it-juggling is a pretty big distraction! Art lessons are a good chance to sit down and broaden my skills in drawing. It also leaves room for creativity which I think is a near vital thing in juggling.

I also play keyboard-not very much though. I can play a few songs and it's about time I learnt some more. I am learning to read music which I presume will come in very handy in the course of progression.

Another hobby of mine is video editing-You will rarely catch me on my computer without a video editing screen up-I am almost always experimenting with my video editing software and sometimes I mess around with random footage I have filmed-I enjoy being behind the camera, to. It's unfortunate that I can't be behind the camera and juggling at the same time-I'd like to show the juggling community my filming talents aswell. If time has passed and I feel it is the right moment to begin making a video, I'll work really hard to make something diffrent and interesting as opposed to an average 'look mum I can juggle' type video! However, even I sometimes fall for this.

Well, that's me, thats my thaughts on juggling, my hobbies, that's the start of my juggling journey, the start of my new journal which I hope we will both enjoy reading or in my case, using.

Ady

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, great :) Nice text u have there -.-

Perry said...

Welcome to the blog world Ady. Your juggling videos have been great and I look forward to seeing more.

Just Your Average Joggler
Perry, 44